Concessionary Fare Scheme

tc-publictransport-concessfare-passThis scheme allows free travel in England on buses. Eligible older people, and people with certain disabilities, can have a pass. Please check the eligibility table to see the date that you become eligible for a concessionary bus pass. You can see the eligibility table clicking here.

Application form

The application form will help you decide if you are eligible for a bus pass. If you are eligible then please complete the application form and return to one of the three options below. If you have a question about your eligibility for this scheme, please email or call 01733 317936 / 452336.

Download the application form

Applying in person

You can take the completed form to the Visitor Information Centre (41 Bridge street, Peterborough, PE1 1HA) along with your proof of eligibility,  proof of residency and a Passport-style photograph (Not required for renewals), with your full name printed on the reverse.

Applying by post

Please return your form along with proof of eligibility and proof of residency to: 

Concessionary Fare Scheme Applications

Peterborough Visitor Information Centre

41 Bridge Street



For postal applications we require one passport sized photograph of you with your name printed on the reverse. We recommend that you send photocopies of documents.

Applying by email

To apply for your pass complete the application form, scan the form along with your other documents and send them with an image of yourself to Please ensure that the file size is below our 10 MB firewall limit.

What does “off peak” mean?

It means from 9.30am to 11pm Mondays to Fridays and all day at weekends and bank holidays. If you travel before 9.30am Mondays to Fridays you will be charged the full adult fare. If you have a pass because you are blind or partially sighted you can use it at any time, as long as your journey starts or finishes in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. If you use it outside of Peterborough and Cambridgeshire, you will only be able to use it from 9.30am to 11pm Mondays to Fridays and all day at weekends and bank holidays.


What happens if I lose my pass?

A new pass can be obtained from the Visitor Information Centre 41 Bridge Street , please bring with you a form of identification as well as proof of address. Please note there is a £10 fee to replace a lost pass.


Please Login to Comment.