Before you get going here are a few tips to ensure that your walk is as safe and easy as possible:
- Know where you are going: plan your journey visiting our Interactive map.
- Leave enough time to reach your destination comfortably.
- Wear comfortable shoes, preferably ones with thick flexible soles that cushion and support your feet.
- Walk facing oncoming traffic if there is no footway.
- At night, wear clothing which is bright or has reflective strips.
- Whenever possible cross using pedestrian crossings. Otherwise find a safe place to cross where you have a clear view of the road in both directions.
- When crossing remember to stop, look, listen – especially as cyclists approach silently.
- If you are walking on your own make sure someone knows where you are going and when you expect to arrive.
Please visit our Leisure page for different organised and self-guided walks in Peterborough, including the walking bus. Use these as a chance to challenge yourself or just to get out and about with friends and family.
Look out for details of organised walks in Peterborough. Use these as a chance to challenge yourself or just to get out and about with friends and family.
Sustrans – Health and Active travel related information: www.sustrans.org.uk
NHS Change 4 life – Healthy lifestyle related information www.nhs.uk/change4life
Travelfootprint.org – Calculate your travel footprint and different alternatives: www.travelfootprint.org
Walk England – Information on walking projects in England: www.walkengland.org.uk
Walking for Health – Information on walking paths, events and health related information http://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/